Friday, May 9, 2008

Boston Massacre

The night of the Boston massacre there were British soldiers in the streets of Boston and also there were several colonists. They colonist were taunting the soldiers and yelling "fire i dare you to fire!". There was a shot fired eventually but no one knew who or where the shot came from. A battle erupted from this one shot that was fired and eventually the soldiers were being arrested and on trial for this massacre. There were a not that many deaths in this massacre but they were deaths that did not need to happen.

I think that the colonists were to blame for this riot that broke out. They were the ones yelling fire and that can easily be mistaken for the captains order to fire. I think that if they were not yelling at the soldiers or yelling fire then no shots would have been fired by the British soldiers even if they were no the ones who did fire the first shot. If they don't have the proof that they shot first they should go by what would make them shoot and that is the colonists.

I don't think that the soldiers should be responsible for the shot because they do not know who shot the bullet or where it even came from. I think that who ever took the next action after that that lead to the massacre should be the ones who are killed or in jail.

No comments: