10/22/1977
1700 hours
Dear Mom,
I am writing you this letter to inform you how I have been doing in the army. We have been on the run from the British for a while now and now we have just got done with a battle and this was the first big win for us. We do run a lot away from the British but I love the feeling I get when we have a victory for us. It reminds me why I joined the army in the first place to help our country so we can be independent. It has been rough the last year but it is getting better as we win. There is not much food here so we are not getting any healthier but we are able to get enough food to survive.
I have not liked how Washington is just running away from the British. We need to stand up for ourselves and take control of the war. In my last month of service we had one of the greatest wars in this revolution because it was a victory and it showed all of the troops that we can do this and we can win this war. Even tho Washington has not treated us well yet I still believe in him to do the right thing in this war and I'm glad to be one of his soldiers.
I have changed my mind about the revolution in the last month after our victory. I've wanted to give up on the war and just come home. All we did is run away almost all the time and that just gives the British more confidence. Once we got that victory I can see that the revolution is changing and I still want to serve for my colony. I am going to re-enlist this spring. I want to continue fighting because I believe we can win this war.
Love your son,
Private, Justin Wilson
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment